What Is A Niche?
In essence, a niche is a group of people looking for something regardless of what you choose. Whether they are looking for help to ease an ailment or how to fix something or to find reviews on the latest digital cameras. Or maybe they are looking for the best baby strollers online; it's always going to be a group of people looking for something – information about something, looking for help, looking to buy something a lot of the time. So if you can think of it this way it will make finding a niche way simpler. Another thing is any niche can be successful, but it is you and your website which will make it a successful journey. A niche doesn't start off being successful; it is you that will make it so.
No matter what niche you end up choosing whether it's cars, sport or business, or promoting Wealthy Affiliate, it is you who will turn your niche into a successful journey. You will do this by writing content, by communicating and interacting with people in a way that creates trust – when you earn the trust of individuals you are going to create a successful promotional channel or even channels within your site.
What do you love?
What are the things you love to do, love to watch, love to wear, love to read, love to visit…
By choosing something you enjoy, the better. Why? You are less likely to get bored with it.
Finding Your Niche isn't that hard
A niche is obviously central to your online business; without a niche, there is no business. A niche can be a hobby, an interest, a service or physical product. There are many choices! So, choosing a niche is choosing stuff that a group of people want…
Examples of a group of people – Artists, horse riders, new mums, fisherman, basketball fans, Star Wars fans, the elderly living at home etc…
3 Point Niche Definition
- A niche does not exist unless identified by a need or want of a group of people
- A market niche is a small but specific & well-defined segment of the population.
- A ‘need' or a ‘want' a ‘passion' or ‘interest' or ‘hobby' is a niche.
Market Niche Simplified
Books, Diets, Fashion are broad; too broad to be effective in affiliate marketing – so, let's break each of them down as follows…
- Books (interest or hobby): – A book or books for example about a subject like ‘Kite Making' is a niche.
- Diets (need): – paleo, gluten free, low calorie, low carb, are all a sub-niche of ‘diet'.
- Fashion (passion): – Kids, Women, Men, are niches in themselves.
- The latest gadget (want): – IPhones, IPads, Play Station, so on and so on.
A niche product (or service) is produced & sold for specialised users within a niche market i.e
- People who read books > people who read recipe books > people who are interested in making seafood dishes = ‘A Seafood Recipe Book'.
- Permaculture > Permaculture design courses > urban permaculture design = ‘Small Backyard Permaculture Courses'
Need More? – Read A Niche Training Here
It's Up To You – what is your interest and what do you love?
There are more ideas than there is space on this page so I am not going to try and fill the page or anything but…the following is a statement that hopefully, you can get great meaning from in regards to niche business ideas.
Think of everything that humans have ever sold to anyone since man has been on this earth. That's how vast this topic is.
There is even a group of people who are buying tickets to the moon. Running out of niche ideas is near impossible!
I want to help you find your online business niche so you can get started on your journey to success as quickly as possible. So, if you are still needing help to figure out what your niche is, I want you to reach out to me. Leave a comment (or question) below in the comment box, and I will reply to you within a reasonable amount of time.