ONLINE BUSINESS = FIVE RULES you need to follow!
So you have been researching internet marketing, and it’s something that has interested you. If your desire is to be a successful affiliate marketer, you’re going to have to follow these five simple rules. No matter what you’ve read or heard so far, there is a lot more to affiliate marketing than you have probably heard.
Research shows us that lessons incorporating a narrative are much easier to learn. So in this lesson, I am going to tell you a little story about Tama.
Then there were 5 rules
- First things first, Tama has to get out of the get-rich-quick mindset. I realize that not everybody reading this article shares this belief, but if you do, you have to get out of it right now. A lot of product creators out there know you’re much less likely to buy their product if they tell you the truth and say that it takes a while and it takes effort as well as hard work, so they lie to you. If you’re going to succeed in affiliate marketing it’s going to be a lot of your time and hard work. So if you’re going to be successful, it won’t be from some push-button magical system or copy and paste shortcut which leads me to my second point.
- So this may sound a little lame, but it needs to be said. Tama must commit to his new affiliate marketing business. And to do that, he needs to promise that he will stick with it for a period. I would recommend that it has to be for at least six months but a year would be better. After Tama has set that time frame, he should think a little and figure out exactly how many hours he can commit to working his business every week – pick how many hours he knows he can work each week and hit those hours every week no matter what. Come hell or high water; you must give that attention to your young fledging business. It may mean waking up earlier and going to sleep a little bit later or even sacrificing a little time with your friends and family, but you need to work out how you are going to give your business a minimum of 10 hours a week. If you can give more time that’s awesome. Working extra hours each week means you’ll build your business faster than someone working the bare minimum, and that leads us to the third point.
- Tama is going to be working on his business, hour after hour for the next few months if not for years to come. So it’s important he is passionate about the topic he chooses for his first website. A lot of products in this industry will tell you to pick the affiliate offer you want to promote first. But you’re more likely to succeed if you lead out with your passion and instead of a thirst to make as much money as possible. Tama is going to be working on videos, articles, blog posts, e-books and more, for hours a week in the coming months. So it’s pretty important, he has a passion for the subject matter. If not, he will burn out, and his business will ultimately fail! Building out a website that is high-quality, relevant content and is worthy of a following, takes some amount of time and effort, and it can end up taking its toll on a person. That’s why it’s important and vital that Tama not ‘spread’ himself too thin.
- Tama needs to pick a subject he is passionate about and ‘stick’ with it. If he chooses two or more websites and wants to build them all out at all at once, he is likely to get overwhelmed and do sloppy work. You need to focus all of your effort and attention on one website for the first few months. Trust me, and there is always more content you can create or graphics or website features that you can tweak, or things you can do to spread the word about it. And that brings me to the very last point.
- Tama is building a business, and businesses require a quite substantial time investment and, some financial investment as well. Anyone who tells you-you will be a successful affiliate marketer without learning how to build out a website is not being truthful with you. However, with the technology we have nowadays, it’s not too hard at all to do, but it needs a few dollars a month as your business grows, you will probably have to invest in a few essential tools as well. You should not dread putting money into your business. You should embrace it because it means your moving in the right direction. It’s like having a fast-growing child that you don’t want to become malnourished. If you’re starting on a tight budget, it’s all good but just commit to not skimping when your business needs it and when it counts. Just because it’s an internet business, doesn’t mean, you can do it all for free. So I hope you and Tama have learned a lot about what it takes to succeed in affiliate marketing. If you work consistently and you work hard enough, and you keep moving forward, the reward of being an online business owner or a self-employed affiliate marketer is very much worth all of the pain and struggles you will face in these early days. Just keep reminding yourself why you’re doing this in the first place, and in the end, you will be happy that you followed these five rules.
My name is Rina from earningonline.org and I hope you found this lesson helpful. For more tips and useful information check it out at earningonline.org. I wish you all the best success on your journey and remember I am here to help whenever you need it. Just message me in the comment box that follows or visit me on my facebook page: