Is Wealthy Affiliate any good? In my Wealthy Affiliate Review, I reveal everything you need to know about Wealthy Affiliate and if it is a valuable place to learn how to earn online. Let’s dig in!
Wealthy Affiliate or WA is a COMMUNITY based TRAINING platform for online business and is in the business of turning out thousands of successful web-based entrepreneurs and offers everything needed to the entrepreneur all in one place.
Creating, growing and managing your businesses online can all be done in Wealthy Affiliate. It is a membership training site and people are immediately directed straight to the lessons soon after registering – this is the ‘Getting Started’ training and it’s FREE.
Wealthy Affiliate (WA) Review
- Price: Starter Membership $0
- Price: Premium Membership $49/month
- Owners: Kyle and Carson
- Overall Ranking: 98 out of 100 (4.9/5)
- Who is it for? Newbie to Expert
- Verdict: legitimate / highly recommended
You don’t have to take it from me to believe that it is a trustworthy program or that it can equip you to succeed as an affiliate marketer no matter what your skill level. You don’t even need to be good at technology. The good thing about the Wealthy Affiliate is the fact that you can get inside it and learn everything about it for free. You don’t have to upgrade your membership until you’re ready to advance.
WA is a great place to start if you want to make money through affiliate marketing. It shows you the way by learning the lessons or courses that will teach you the basics through to advanced. It has a task-based method that assists joiners/learners to acquire the fundamental building blocks of successful affiliate marketing. It is a strategy that works for people who like to toil and be accountable for their decisions and success.
If you are suspicious of quick or instant money-making schemes, then Wealthy Affiliate is for you! It requires that you labor, study and BUILD OUT your niche website to make it work for you. It offers lots of avenues for LEARNING while EARNING. There are no false promises here – it has the POTENTIAL to earn big, but only after learning the lessons from the different levels in the WA University and putting it into action.
The Membership Types Inside Wealthy Affiliate
1) Get Started with the “Free Membership” offer for ‘zero dollars’ ($0)
This membership is designed to make beginners see what WA can offer its members. You only need to join to access the free training for beginners. This means being able to set up two websites and monetizing them. You can work on these while going through the lessons and advancing in the process.
Stay at this level of membership for as long as you want or until you are ready for the bigger challenges and serious income. Staying in the “free membership” has limitations, though. For instance, the Keyword tool can only be used for 30 searches, compared to the unlimited searches for premium members. If you are all ready to take your online business or affiliate marketing to the next level, then it’s time to upgrade to a premium membership.
2) Premium Membership at $19, $47monthly and $359 yearly ($29 monthly)
Discounted First Month Premium
If you have big plans, you can’t say NO to this offer – a discounted premium membership of $19, rather than the regular Premium Membership of $47. The offer to update comes within the first week after joining. This membership will open all training levels and opportunities without restrictions.
Regrettably, you can’t have the discounted rate in the succeeding months. This is just good for one month. There is, however, a way to pay the discounted rate – update your membership to Annual Premium membership.
Premium Monthly Rate
The Wealthy Affiliate works best when you are at the premium membership level. It will allow you to access all the training and go anywhere in WA. To be a premium member, though, you must pay $47 monthly.
Annual Premium Membership
If you intend to stay long or for a year at least in the Wealthy Affiliate, consider paying the annual premium membership, which is $359. The amount is discounted at $29.92 a month or less than $1 a day – a reasonable amount to pay for all the lessons and opportunities you can access inside WA.
Upgrading to Premium Membership: What You Will Get or Access
- Access to all the training
The training is the core of the WA “magic.” It has two principal training platforms – the basic “Beginner Training Course” and the “Affiliate Bootcamp.” Premium members can access all the lessons in the different levels of the two training courses.
- Access to the 13 classrooms
There are also 13 classrooms you can choose to attend on various related topics intended to bolster the training courses if members want or need more.
- Unlimited, free hosting
Hosting can entail some cost, which you can avoid with Premium Membership. The membership allows you to host your site on its servers for free. All you need to do is register the domain name. It is unlimited, so you can host multiple websites.
- Unrestricted support from the WA community
Having over half million members and counting, you virtually have an unlimited number of users and experts to help you address your concerns. There is virtually no problem that has not been experienced by the members, so you are guaranteed an unrestricted support from this community.
- An UNLIMITED number of free websites
Using the SiteRubix platform, you can build an unlimited number of websites WA servers, at no extra charge. This is a great feature especially when you advance in your niche, business or affiliate marketing.
- Live weekly webinars
In Wealthy Affiliate, webinars are called “WAbinars.” These cover variously related and enriching topics. If you miss a live session, you can catch it later by retrieving it from the Wealthy Affiliate database under “Live Video Classes.”
- Unlimited searches using the Keyword Tool
The value of using the right keyword can’t be underestimated when building out your site content. Use this tool and benefit from its unlimited feature as a premium member.
- Opportunity to earn more
Premium members have more opportunities to make a bigger income. One way is by earning commissions when you promote or refer WA. You can earn twice from this commission-generating scheme compared to what you can earn as a free member.
Who is Wealthy Affiliate For?
Wealthy Affiliate is for newbies who have little or no knowledge of online marketing or building websites, through to all level entrepreneurs and marketers who already have successful businesses who want to scale their business to new heights.
WHAT WORK WILL YOU BE DOING IN WEALTHY AFFILIATE?
In a nutshell, the following diagram illustrates the simplicity of what you will be taught in Wealthy Affiliate.
The Certification Levels: From a Beginner to a Master
There are five certification levels. All members must go over these “obstacles.” The course has been designed to help members start and monetize their sites, regardless of their niche or business (not just as an affiliate in WA). Level 1 is where they will learn how to create a website, set up its pages, generate traffic, add content, and monetize it. The principles and roadmap are contained in 50 lessons under 5 levels.
Each level is classified as a certification course. All these have areas where you can pose questions and get answers almost instantaneously. Level 1 is very thorough and can be completed by free members. Levels 2 to 5 have very detailed money-generating lessons – these require a premium membership. The five levels are:
- Level 1: Online Entrepreneur Certification – Getting Started
- Level 2: Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website
- Level 3: Online Entrepreneur Certification – Making Money
- Level 4: Online Entrepreneur Certification – Mastering Social Engagement
- Level 5: The Business of Content – Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation
Except for Level 1, all levels have 10 similar “action-based lessons” that must be completed by members to build out your niche business. It is all tracked and as each member advances he/she receives a ‘badge’ as shown in the ‘My Accomplishments’ pic above. After advancing, members can always go back to refresh the lessons, namely:
- Lesson 1 – Understanding the MONEY in Online Business
- Lesson 2 – Understanding Affiliate Programs and Networks
- Lesson 3 – Relevant Affiliate Programs are Everywhere
- Lesson 4 – Adding Affiliate Links to Your Pages
- Lesson 5 – Instant Access to MILLION Products
- Lesson 6 – Leveraging Product Reviews
- Lesson 7 – Getting Paid for Ads on Your Site
- Lesson 8 – Earning Pennies OR Dollars
- Lesson 9 – A Brilliant Way to Track and Understand Your…
- Lesson 10 – With Help Comes Financial Success
Moving Forward: The Wealthy Affiliate Bootcamp Course
Like the Online Entrepreneur Certification Course, the Affiliate Bootcamp Course can be useful for anyone or any niche. It is created for people who are ready to make money online. The methods used in this training are aimed to promote WA, but all the 70 lessons can be applied to any business or industry. These lessons are contained in 7 levels, namely:
- Level 1: Starting Your Foundation
- Level 2: Content, Keywords & Conversions
- Level 3: Giving Your Site Social Value
- Level 4: Get Visual, Get Aesthetic, Get A Brand Through Social Media
- Level 5: Knowing Your Audience and Catapulting Your Sales
- Level 6: Bing, Yahoo & The Power of PPC
- Level 7: How to Scale Successful PPC Campaigns
The 13 “Classrooms” in the Wealthy Affiliate University
The classrooms can be likened to a forum. These are where you would want to head to when you want a meaningful discussion of specific topics. The lessons in the 13 classrooms are meant to fortify the two levels of training courses. This is where you can get free tutorials and, therefore, the best setting to get detailed responses to your queries. There is a forum dedicated to each subject of interest. These contain heaps of content that you can use to build your site and improve your marketing strategies.
Free members can access the first two classrooms to start properly. Updating to premium will allow the unlocking of the 13 classrooms, covering every facet of building a functional website. These 13 classrooms are incredible sources of over 500 current lessons about online and affiliate marketing. Depending on what you need, you can visit the following classrooms:
- Getting Started
- WA Affiliate Program
- Keyword, Niche and Market Research
- Everything WordPress
- Authoring and Writing Content
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click Marketing
- Social Engagement and Marketing
- Website Development and Programming
- Local Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Email Marketing
- The Wealthy Affiliate Platform
The Live Support: Live Chat and Webinars
WA offers a plethora of support from its members. These come in different channels and formats. For a quick response or interaction, the live support – Live Chat and webinars – offer active support, being handy when you need quick answers. It allows you to have a one-on-one chat with some of the top members and leaders in the community. Being active and believing in “returning the favor,” you will discover that there are always helpful members around to help you out. Be warned, however, that the exchanges or chats can move pretty fast.
WA regularly broadcasts the live training or webinars. These are the weekly video classes to ensure that members are updated. There are different interesting and relevant topics that keep members engaged. These are all recorded, so you can access them within 24 hours if you will miss an important video class. These are great opportunities to ask questions and get live answers and feedback.
Building Unlimited Websites: The “Build My Website” Tab
The “Build My Website” tab holds the component that will allow you to build your sites. Free members get a chance to host two free WordPress websites. Premium members can build an unlimited number of sites. You can access the unlimited “website builder” as soon as you become a premium member, which could be as early as the first month at the discounted rate ($19). If you do the math, going premium gives you the ability to set up all the sites you want or need.
The tab for website building is among the first features that you will use to set up the domains, websites and email ads. It has been designed to make the process of building a functional site and adding the plugins uncomplicated. Premium members can host their sites using their own domain. Those trying WA for free can use a Siterubix domain.
Pros of Wealthy Affiliate:
- The ‘Getting Started Training’ is simplified and broken down into bite-size chunks as lessons
- Video and tutorial training
- Over 1million community members helping one another out
- Full Interactive Classrooms
- Live Interactive 24/7 HELP
- Two Free Interactive & Professionally Designed Websites
- Fast, Secure, State of the Art Hosting
- Access to Experts and Millionaires in the Industry
- Strictly a Spam Free Environment
- Absolutely FREE to Get Started
- FREE Lessons 1 to 10
Cons of Wealthy Affiliate:
- It’s a marathon rather than a sprint. Wealthy Affiliate is not a get rich quick scheme and getting it to turn over revenue requires focused attention by the person building out the business. In saying that, it is possible to start earning as early as a month in, as I did, or, it could take up to a year or more depending on the time you invest.
- If you are an impatient person, it may not work for you. Although the lessons are very efficient and planned as digestible bite-size pieces, it does require you to carry out tasks at a pace that suits you and as part of the building out of your online business. There may be a tendency to ‘skip’ pieces here and there if you are impatient.
Wealthy Affiliate Tools
To run a website, you will need several tools. The best ones are those that are simple to use and that can deliver results. The WA tools that will help you build your site and monetize it, or succeed in your affiliate marketing effort are that kind. These are also well-integrated with each other.
- The Keyword Tool – The foundation of a successful online marketing campaign starts with a methodical and efficient keyword research. Wealthy Affiliate provides its members with a keyword tool that will allow them to search Google for this information.
- SiteRubix – WA Website Builder – SiteRubix is the efficient site builder tool that only requires a set of four steps to building you a website in minutes. It is so efficient it can install WordPress in one minute. This is available for all members.
- Site Hosting – With the Site Domains and the SiteRubix seamlessly integrated with the Site Hosting, hosting sites can be likened to” a walk in the park.” This is available for premium members. Some features that WA offers with site hosting are:
- WordPress optimized servers
- Secure hosting
- 24/7 website monitoring
- Daily backups
- Full redundancy
- Fully managed
- Website auto login
- Email and forwards
- Site Health analyzing
- Site Domains – This tool allows members to buy domains from inside the Wealthy Affiliate. This tool takes away the stress associated with domain names as it works like a dream with the other tools for website building (SiteRubix) and hosting (WA Hosting).
The Wealthy Affiliate Program
The Wealthy Affiliate is a great place to learn about online marketing for any kind of business. This means that you don’t need to join its affiliate program to be a member. It’s centerpiece, however, is affiliate marketing. It isn’t for everyone. It may not be the reason why you are giving WA a shot. If you are interested in building a profitable online business, though, it will be worthwhile for you to check it out. To learn and earn from its affiliate program, you must do the “Bootcamp.”
By becoming an affiliate, WA will show you the way to earn commissions from the products you recommend. With the number of consumers shifting to the ease of online buying, you have a big market to cater to. With affiliate marketing, you don’t even need to have your own products, keep an inventory, ship them, collect payments, or worry about customer service or any of that STUFF. All you need to do is to have at least one website to promote the affiliate products of your choice.
The Wealthy Affiliate has LOTS of opportunities available to its interested members. You can choose the products to promote according to your niche and/or interests. This means you can promote items you love or have a good knowledge about. The earning potential of the program is UNLIMITED, a reason why many marketers are in the Wealthy Affiliate. If you intend to make it a source of income, WA can show you how.
Wealthy Affiliate Updates
The Wealthy Affiliate continues to GROW, in terms of membership and features/offerings, and services, from the time it was launched in 2005. It has more training courses now. The quality of tools and site hosting are on par with the best that cost more than $50. There’s a plethora of support 24/7 coming from the WA’s full team of support staff and community.
What’s new with Wealthy Affiliate this 2017? SSL is FREE if you are a premium member, and the SitePlus+ Platform.
- The Site SSL and SSL Certificate – The SiteSSL installs your SSL Certificate, a feature that ENHANCES the security of websites by encrypting all data being transferred from a browser to the WA hosting servers. SSL is extremely important since Google made it known that it is a critical ranking factor for websites this year and beyond.
- The SitePlus+ – This is a set of brand new features and services that will allow members to “toggle on and off” those features they built from the ground up to expand and enhance the website functions.
You need not be an outsider looking in – joining the Wealthy Affiliate is free! If you are serious about making money online – this is the RIGHT place to start and grow your online business.
My Final Opinion of Wealthy Affiliate
Undoubtedly, the owners Kyle and Carson are dedicated to providing the training and tools and to minimizing risk (i.e zero start-up costs, minimal premium membership costs) to ensure you have every chance at success, every step of the way. It would be very hard not to succeed here at Wealthy Affiliate. There is nothing to lose as you can look and get a feel for how the training is because it is totally free to get started. There are ample support and innovative training that suits beginners through to the experts. The Wealthy Affiliate Community including industry experts is a solid support system helping one another out. It can’t get much better.