Why do we need to dedicate an entire article to ‘mindset'? Well, that's because most people undervalue their power, their potential and their ability to achieve great success.
Initially, I would like to take the time to explore what most people think about the success of a few. Perhaps you are already familiar with the PARETO RULE in that just 20% of the world's population has 80% of the world's money. It is more than likely closer than you think – 10% of the world's population holds 90% of the world's money.
Indeed, how many of us have heard that old saying that the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. Quite a few I would think.
Think about these two things for a moment…
10% of the total people in the world have 90% of the total money, and they are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer! So, this seems like a highly slanted world that we all live in and that's because it is!
To understand the “mindset”, we will look first at the people that succeed or the 10%. Then we'll look at the remaining 90% to compare.
First, there is the 10%
These people have managed to work out the secret to success or the hard part. But once you've worked out how to generate your first $100 or even just a $1 for that matter, you've managed to do something right. So this means then that the formula can be copied and built upon or improved on to achieve even greater success.
There are loads of millionaires and billionaires that have lost vast fortunes to bad timing and economic downturns, only to make it all back again a few years later. The reason being, they know the mindset it takes to achieve success, and they have a formula for success.
Successful Internet Marketers
All successful marketers have a formula for success. No two people do the same things, but by following the principles taught to you, and by having an “action-based” plan and approach to everything, and work towards formulating your plan for success, you will soon see the results.
Then there are the rest of the 90%
If you haven't been successful yet, then you are likely in this category like most others. However, this doesn't mean that you've not experienced success at one point in time or another. It means that you've not created sustained success yet. You simply don't have your success formula yet, and chances are you are getting closer.
Avoid being a statistic with those who have stopped short and given up thinking they will ever make it. Thankfully, the measure of 10/90 is not an average that applies to Wealthy Affiliates, as success can happen for anyone that dares to set foot in the Wealthy Affiliate Community.
Now the 90% are willing to work hard, but they typically don't have the mindset to move through failure graciously. People who fail remain in this category of 90%; whereas the 10% view failure as an opportunity to succeed. So, by learning what won't work, can help you move closer and closer to what will work. But then once you find out what does work for you, means you can build upon this and create even greater success. They say that achieving your first million is the toughest. But this is because once you know success, you can then leverage your existing skills and knowledge to build upon it!
The One Dollar Feeling That Makes You Want to Smile
The 1st dollar though is always the most important dollar, and the reason behind this is that typically the first sale triggers the realization that if they can make $1 online, they can make $100 online then a $1,000 and even $100,000. In reality, the first sale is the most exciting and memorable event in any Internet marketer's online career.
So, to help you get your first sale in the easiest way possible and before you do anything else, we want you to ask yourself this question:
Do you know someone who wishes to make a little more money?
Unless you are living under a rock somewhere, your answer's probably yes right? So, the first and easiest way to get your first $1 online, is recommending Wealthy Affiliate to your circle of friends. And if you like what's happening at Wealthy Affiliate, then chances are your friends, family or acquaintances will like it as well.
Affiliate Getting Started Guide & Tutorials are FREE to those just starting out. Register here
Why is your first sale the most improtant?
The first sales from my first website came within the first two months…2 sales in the first two months. This first sale means more than you can imagine. It builds a belief in you, and says to you that if you can make that first sale then you can make more. It says that you have done something right. It strengthens your determination and helps to build a stronger mindset and make you hungry for more. It's what makes it all REAL!
Where are you at and what has your experience been so far? Leave a comment in the comment box that follows.