There are less than a thousand words in this Writers Work Review, but what the words reveal are enough to show the real intent of this Company including the good the bad and the ugly. Read on to see what I mean.
- 0.1 OVERVIEW
- 0.2 How Does Writers Work actually work?
- 0.3 Complaints About Writers Work
- 0.4 Better Business Bureau Rating
- 1 See How I Sell Products with Zero Inventory Using a Simple 4 Step Formula
- 2 Join over a Million Members
Writers Work is a Freelance Writing Service and a place for writers to find work and for employers to find writers. Writers Work is owned by Jennifer and Mark Harrell and the business location is Austin Texas USA. It was started on the 1st of February 2018 so has been operating for over 2 years now. A file was first opened on the 5/28/2018 with BBB and already BBB have been in contact with the company regarding advertised claims on its website, https://writers.work, and its Google Ad.
- Name: Writers Work
- Website: https://writers.work/
- Type of Business: Freelance Writing Services
- Owners: Jennifer and Mark Harrell
- Price: $94 one-off or $15 month
- Rating: 0.5/5
- Verdict: Not recommended
How Does Writers Work actually work?
Writers Work is a Freelance Writers space where it connects writers with employers. There are about 2000 writers registered to date. This might make it easier as a writer as the competition might not be so tough for jobs.
Registered writers give their details and testimonials and are listed on the site for potential employers to browse. Employers can register and post a job where writers are able to browse the list.
To post a Job or Join Writers Work you must pay the fee before using the service either as a writer or employer. Choose a one off payment of $94 or a monthly payment of $15 to begin and it comes with a 30 day money back guarantee.
The challenge might be that Writers Work is not the most established site with just 2 years under its belt, and therefore lacking in business systems. Writers Work is not BBB Accredited and currently has a customer rating of just 2 stars at the time of publishing this review for the first time.
Complaints About Writers Work
22 complaints were listed at the time of writing this review. That’s a heck of a lot I have to say. Summary of complaints include difficulties in getting a refund not just for the sign-up cost but also for upsells for training. Clearly a cost for the training is not mentioned until you have already paid to join.
Better Business Bureau Rating
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) Rating for Writers Work is an ‘F’. Their reasons for this rating are…
- Failure to respond to 5 (five) complaints filed against WritersWork
- 22 complaints in total were filed with BBB Writers Work
- The length of time WritersWork has been operating (2 years to date)
- The length of time it has taken for a Writer’s Work representative to respond to complaint/s
- The advertising issues discovered by BBB
So far, the picture is not looking great.
See How I Sell Products with Zero Inventory Using a Simple 4 Step Formula
Writers Works Connected to a Scam?
Other review writers claim there is a connection between Writers Work to a questionable product or scam known as ‘Master Writing Jobs’ although I have not been able to verify this myself. But what I can say is that ‘Master Writing Jobs’ have similar concerns as with Writers Work accoding to BBB who also rated it an ‘F’. Both these companies are owned by the same people who are Jennifer and Mark Harrell. They are also the owners of Surveys4Checks.com, NovEighteen LLC and MyWritingJob.com.
Looking for your first Writing Job
As soon as you are looking for a job, Writers Work says you need to apply first. Once signed in you can start looking for jobs. It turns out however, that you are being directed away from the Writers Work website (bait and switch) to other websites like Indeed.com which by the way is a free legitimate job seeking service. This is the biggest giveaway that Writers Work is not a legitimate service. Basically, you are paying Writers Work to direct you to a service that is already free.
Pros and Cons
- One off joining fee
- Monthly joining fee
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- No free trial available
- Uses a form fraud known as bait and switch
- False advertising – it appears as though the training comes with the one off or monthly fee
- Upsells – the training videos are available for purchase once you are inside the site
- Has an ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Too many complaints
- The majority of complaints are not answered
- Takes payment for a service it intentionally does not deliver itself
- Directs you to legitimate services you can use for free
- Getting a refund is hard to achieve
- Deceptive intentions
- Multiple companies of a similar nature
- Low rating with BBB
- Too many complaints
- Too many unresolved complaints
There are Better Ways to Earn a Writers Living
Writers Work is not something I can recommend to you. What I can say is that writing is a very good way to earn a living online as an affiliate marketer and by doing so, working for yourself. I write reviews as a living and my reviews are posted on my own websites, such as this one.
I learned everything I know about writing and this industry in Wealthy Affiliate and this is what I recommend you do! Even if you were to write for someone else through a service such as Fiverr for example, you are also earning to pay the middle man.
Cut the Middle Man from the Equation
By joining Wealthy Affiliate, you cut the middle man out of the equation and take 100% of what you earn for yourself. Check out my Wealthy Affiliate Review here.
It is unfortunate that there are still sites like Writers Work who will say and do anything to make money from unsuspecting punters! This happened to me plenty of times.
I could make excuses for Writers Work and say that they do not understand business or audience behaviour but I don’t believe this is the case here. I beleive they know what they are doing and that they continue to do it because unsuspecting people are still signing up. You have been warned!
Join over a Million Members
Who Have Started Their Own Online Business.