It may be surprising to know that BlueHost ranks high among hosting platforms. However, does Bluehost go the extra mile to help you manage every aspect of your online business? I reveal the details in this Bluehost Review. Lets get to it.
Bluehost is one of the largest website hosting providers that collectively hosts more than two million domains, together with its sister companies, namely, HostMonster, FastDomain and iPage.
Bluehost offers many types of hosting and domain services such as cloud hosting, dedicated hosting, shared hosting, VPS hosting, WooCommerce hosting, and of course, WordPress hosting among them. The servers are powered by PHP7, HTTP/2 and NGINX+ caching.
- Company Name: Bluehost
- Industry Type: Web Hosting
- Website: bluehost.com
- Founder: Matt Heaton
- Owner: Endurance International Group
- Price: Starts at $2.95 per month
- Overall Ranking: 54 out of 100 (2.7/5)
- Verdict: Legitimate
If you are ready to launch your first business website, getting started can be daunting. While Facebook or other social media platform can be an easy route to communicate with your clients, your online business will be taken more seriously if you sign up for a top-notch web hosting service. If you’re looking for a company that can lay claim to being good at doing a hosting job, you cannot go wrong with Bluehost.
Whether you are a blogger or entrepreneur, Bluehost has a wide variety of web hosting options that fit your needs.
About the Company
BlueHost is one of the oldest and famous WordPress hosting companies in the world. It was founded in 2003 by Matt Heaton. The award-winning hosting provider is based in a 50,000 square foot facility in Provo, Utah with more than 700 employees.
Bluehost currently powers more than 2 million websites with over one million of those as WordPress sites. Bluehost and WordPress have remained close partners for more than 10 years, providing the best possible hosting experience for free. In fact, Bluehost has been recommended by WordPress.org as the number one provider for easy installation and management.
The company caters to an estimated amount of 15,000 to 20,000 new customers every month. It boasts a reputation specializing in comprehensive, easy-to-use solutions that even beginners can use to start a new blogging website quite effortlessly. In 2010, Endurance International Group acquired Bluehost.
Without going into an in-depth evaluation, Bluehost offers some eye-catching features that make the company stand out from others. This includes:
- Unlimited web space
- Unlimited transfer
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 24/7 highly supportive response behaviour
- Simple, easy and understandable scripts with 1-click install
- Fast and secure servers
- 30 days money back guarantee
- Higher storage space for starter plans
- Recommended hosting for and by WordPress.org
- Free site builder
- 100% in-house services
- Helps leverage Google and Bing advertising
Undoubtedly, Bluehost balances quality services, features and price for business. Does it help you manage your online business? Not exactly, which means that having the ease of these services to help you run and manage web-based business needs to be souorced elsewhere.
Hosting Plans and Prices
Depending upon your choice of plan, you may shell out from $2.95 to $5.95 every month. The introductory price applies only on the first term, so it is more advantageous to get a hosting package for 2 to 3 years to avail of the special pricing. Discounts are offered for an extended contract, which means paying less the longer your contract lasts. On the first year, Bluehost will waive the setup fees and domain registration fees.
During the checkout process, there is an option to add more features and services at additional cost. In case you are not satisfied with your purchase, you get a 30-day money back guarantee that comes with all hosting packages, including the domain privacy service. Domains, however, are not covered by this guarantee. In the event of a plan cancellation that includes a free domain, the pertinent cost of the domain will be deducted from the amount to be refunded.
Contracts are automatically renewed unless otherwise discontinued. Bluehost shared hosting plan are the most popular and best for starter sites. The introductory price at the beginning of the initial contract will no longer apply, but instead the price changes for the three levels.
Bluehost offers the following variety of hosting plans with features and pricing packages that are reasonable and affordable.
- Shared Hosting: As the cheapest hosting plan, it is the best solution for starters and small blogs/sites with less traffic. Shared hosting means your website shares space with other sites on the same server.
|Starting Price/mo||$2.95||$ 5.95||$ 5.95|
- Cloud Hosting: Starter $6.95/Performance $8.95/Business Pro $15.95 per month – Faster than, but also affordable, cloud hosting is a reliable upgrade to keep your data more secure. It allows the use of different cloud servers to enable you to switch to a different server in case there is high traffic or hardware failure.
- WordPress Hosting: Basic $2.95/Plus $5.95/Choice Plus $5.95 per month – Designed and optimized to run for WP-powered sites only, this hosting plan is perfect for traffic and lowest loading time sites. It also protects your site from common WordPress threats.
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting: Standard $19.99/Enhanced $29.99/Ultimate $59.99 per month – Designed to give you maximum control on your hosting server, VPS hosting is more efficient and does not have the need to share the web server. A software divides the server into few virtual servers.
- WooCommerce Hosting: Starter $6.95/Plus $8.95/Pro $12.95 per month – Ideal for starters in online selling, WooCommerce is a popular plugin with the features required to start an eCommerce store with WordPress. WooCommerce is a third-party company specializing in creating online stores using WordPress.
- Dedicated Hosting: Standard $79.99/Enhanced $99.99/Premium $199.99 per month – This most powerful and most expensive hosting service is built for business or sites with millions of page views and visitors every month. In this hosting plan, you own the whole web server and you can install any script, but managing the resources on the server is also entirely yours.
Once your WordPress site is generating traffic and gaining size, or if you want to be equipped with more professional tools, the WordPress Pro plans become an ideal option. WordPress Pro is a platform managed by Bluehost to free you from server management issues, such as operating system updates and WordPress itself. For optimized WordPress hosting, the price schedules are:
Bluehost boasts of a well-trained and friendly customer support team available 24/7 for telephone support, online web chat, and over the phone conversation. Problems, ranging from minor to major, may be sent to the team via a ticket-based system.
There is also a large collection of articles, step-by-step guides, tutorials and videos that comprise their knowledge base. Beginners who encounter problems about web hosting can easily search the knowledge base for quick answers.
- Performance reliability – The overall performance is impressive.
- Affordable price – With a domain and a site up and running for $2.95 a month, you are getting a pretty good deal.
- Unlimited space and bandwidth – Hosting plans, such as the VPS and Dedicated hosting offers more speed, performance and control on your server, all at a price that is easy on your pocket.
- Easy to use control panel – Bluehost is so simple and friendly to use even by web development beginners
- Backup facility – Backups are automatically created on a daily, weekly and monthly basis of your entire account, which can be restored with a few clicks. A Pro Backup service is also offered for bigger websites to ensure they are risk free.
- Ready integration with Apps and eCommerce tools – Everything is integrated into the control panel, allowing seamless access to third-party applications and management of everything in one place without multiple logins.
- Security measures – Bluehost takes pride in their security features to ensure that your website is safe from spams and harmful attacks by hackers. The security protocols are updated on a routine basis. The administrators have a secure way of accessing specific configuration files.
- 30-day free trial period and money back guarantee
Like other hosting sites, Bluehost also falls short in some aspects. The following drawbacks may be essential to your decision-making:
- Lack of Windows-based servers
- Need to install add-ons in order to do just about everything
- Aggressive upselling
- Paid site migrations
- Higher renewal prices
- Slow loading time during massive amount of traffic
- No monthly web hosting services
Bluehost is a great web hosting option that offers reasonably-priced, full-featured plans for your WordPress site. It includes everything, ranging from unlimited disk space, unmetered data bandwidth to the 1-click installers that you need to get you started and move along within a minute at a cheap price. Bluehost lives up to its rock-solid reputation in the shared and Web hosting communities.
There are generally very little to complain about when it comes to creating attractive, functional and stable pages for your business. Except for the lack of uptime guarantee and the absence of a few features found in other hosting services, you will not regret signing up for any of Bluehost’s hosting plans.
Overall, Bluehost is a user-friendly web hosting service providing excellent security solutions and superb customer support. It is a good choice, whether for a new website or an eCommerce store. Bluehost has mastered the art of providing quality and reliable services, clearly proving it is on top of the game. The company has consistently ranked at the top of charts and graphs in server hosting.
However, having a PROFIT EARNING web-based business requires many tools. Hosting is one of them. However, a hosting platform alone will not manage a web-based affiliate business. It takes more than this. If you are contemplating having a web-based affiliate business, then unless you already know what you are doing you probably will need a World-Class platform such as Wealthy Affiliate to train, host, support and provide managing services to you.
Alernative Hosting Option
Finding a hosting platform for your web-based business can be tricky if you are not sure what you need in the first place. Some platforms provide just the basics but don’t actually provide web-based tools to online entreprenuers. While others are specifically desgned for profit generation for those who plan to make money from websites! So, here is a comparison between Bluehost and Wealthy Affiliate, a world leader in Hosting Web-based Business.